Thursday, April 27, 2017

Radiating Interview

Welcome back to another great interview at Comic Unknown! We have the opportunity to ask James Johnson a few questions so let us check out his response!


Comic Unknown (CU): What made you want to work in the comic book industry?

James Johnson (JJ): Working in comics has been a dream of mine since I was a little kid. I grew up reading comics and always loved to draw. So it was a natural fit. I actually had my first comic published in a local newspaper when I was 11 years old.

(CU): How did you come up with the story line of Radiation Burn?

(JJ): When I started, all I knew was that I wanted to do a Post Apocalyptic series that was kind of wacky and in the style of Gamma World or Snarf Quest. I saw a picture of the Aztec god of Death so I started sketching various characters based on that. That’s when Mick appeared. Ideas started flooding in just thinking about what a death-dealing robot would do in the wasteland.  Were any of the characters inspired by another character or person?  Zend Angling is based on Glenn Danzig. (From the Misfits and Danzig.) His name is actually an anagram of the rock star. Annabelle is also loosely based on an ex-girlfriend, but I won’t say which one...

(CU): How many issues do you have in mind for the series?

(JJ): I have one other issue planned out, but I imagine I’ll be returning to these characters throughout my life. 

(CU): Will the comic's universe continue after the series?

(JJ): Definitely. It’s a bit of a shared universe with some of my other artist friends, so I imagine a lot will be going on in the wasteland long after I’m done with it.

(CU): What was the most difficult part in the production of Radiation Burn?

(JJ): Writing. My background is in visual arts and I only recently started writing my own stuff. So I struggle with it quite a bit. It’s slowly getting easier though.

(CU): Are you planning on any new series after Radiation?

(JJ): I have a few projects planned for 2017 already. A zombie book with Kim Roberts called Resurrected is one of them. A licensed book, called 100 Acres of Hell is another.

(CU): Who is your favorite all-time superhero/villain? Why?

(JJ): Spider-Man. He’s just a regular Joe that happens to have super powers. No pretension, no weird background story. I like that his personal life has its ups and downs, all the garbage we all deal with, and yet he still manages to be a hero.

(CU): What is the best way readers can find Radiation Burn?

(JJ): They can grab a digital or (soon) print copy over at WP Comics.  

THANK YOU SO MUCH JAMES JOHNSON FOR THIS RADIATING INTERVIEW! MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER FOR ALL UPDATES ON ALL INDIE COMICS WE REVIEW AND NEW INTERVIEWS WITH THE CREATORS OF THE AWESOME COMICS WE HAVE REVIEWED!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe!

* indicates required